2014 was full of roller coaster rides. It’s definitely the saddest so far in years.
– My father-in-law died in a motorcycle accident. This is the reason why 2014 is the saddest year since 1995 (the year my father died). There are no words that can explain the grief that engulfed our family.
– A family problem that will probably go on for years. I have no idea when it will end. It’s too complicated. Well, the person is complicated.
– The company that I was working for closed our Davao office, leaving us all scrambling to find new jobs. Most of us are working home-based right now. I knew that it was coming but I never thought it was that soon. Some of us even looked forward to working there until they retire but I had a feeling it wouldn’t last that long.
– Major, major bumps in the last project. I was the last developer standing when the project was over
– I resigned before the company’s closing date expecting an offer from a new company. Turns out they can’t hire me yet until 2 months after
– Before the company closed, I was appointed as the manager of the Davao office. It was only for 3 months but it was memorable. It was a struggle to keep the team afloat after we got the bad news
– Got a job within 5 days of rapid searching
– Got a raise in just 3 months of working with the new job
– I have finally moved on from being a .Net Windows application developer to a .Net web developer
– Fireworks again! Woohoo! Lol!
– Most of all, I was finally able to be with my family since I’m now working home-based =)
– Got a new insurance
– Finished some books (The Ringmaster’s Daughter, Gone Girl, The Solitaire Mystery, Apprenticeship Patterns Guidance for the Aspiring Software Craftsman and The Briefer History of Time)
I’m looking forward to a better 2015. I hope the downs are manageable compared last year.